Testing is an important part of your development strategy. Testing tools help in achieving quick and reliable results with your testing strategy.
Seashore Partners use the right set of tools and methodologies to help you go to the market quickly with quality solutions. Our team is proficient with quite a lot of testing tools. We recommend the use of the following tools.
This is automated software that helps in testing web applications. Let’s have a quick look at this tool
- Open source with a large user base and a wide community support
- Multi-platform compatibility which includes Mac OC, Linux and Windows
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Supports different programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, PERL, Python etc.
- Supports a distributed testing environment
Types of Selenium drivers
- Selenium Webdriver: You can devise test scripts for the web-based application irrespective of the programming language used to develop the application
- Selenium IDE: It comes within the Selenium package. It is easy to learn and supports Firefox alone. Selenium RC is the answer to the shortcomings of Selenium IDE
If you want to track bugs and issues, Bugzilla is the perfect tool for you. It is open-source and has a huge community support.
- Advanced search capabilities
- E-mail Notifications
- Modify/file Bugs by e-mail
- Time tracking
- Strong security
Jira is a well-known project management tool. Apart from handling the project aspects, it is pretty useful in bug tracking, issue tracking as well as workflow management. It is platform and OS independent tool. It supports the backend tools such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL server.
Benefits of using Jira:
- Task tracking and requirement management
- Workflow and process management
- Bug tracking and efficiency measurement
This is one of the best tools according to us, in order to measure performance of your system and make it suitable to the user requirements.
We analyse and measure the performance using this tool. It does not call for state-of-the-art infrastructure and supports numerous load injectors.
- Scripting efforts are reduced because of the user-friendly GUI
- Analysis made easy with simple charts and graphs
- Supports Java based apps
It cannot record HTTPs communication or intercept the AJAX traffic, which works against this tool.