Healthcare is a booming sector, and has evolved in the past few years. This segment has adopted technology to create opportunities for the end users and make their lives easy and convenient. In fact, if you have studied recent funding stories, you will notice that healthcare has received maximum funds and investor’s interest.
A report from Statista suggests that the healthcare segment will reach 206Bn by the end of year 2020. Why is there a sudden interest in this segment? Firstly, there are consumers interested in receiving mobile healthcare. They believe it is instant and convenient. Secondly, it allows healthcare to reach the distant and remote places in the world with ease, which simply means every has access to healthcare via mobile.
When it comes to healthcare startups, both Brazil and Latin America are considered to be hot markets. There is a lot of innovation and healthcare startup ideas buzzing these markets.
If you are planning an app for the healthcare segment, here are a few categories that you can work upon and succeed on devising a successful app.
Top Categories for Healthcare Apps
- On-demand solutions: On-demand app solutions are highly in demand, and they will serve the patients with convenient and immediate healthcare. The patients will have access to the doctors directly through their smartphones and can schedule their appointments. In case they need to see the doctors immediately, the same can be done with the doctor-on-demand solution. You can introduce video consultations to your on-demand solutions to make it more effective
- Telemedicine: This category of healthcare solutions can help with counselling, chronic disease monitoring as well as management of the health. You can include medical examination, doctor consultations as well as remote monitoring systems using these solutions. Going mobile will help healthcare offer better self care to the patients. These solutions help the users make better nutrition choices and help them formulate habits that can improve their condition
- AI in healthcare: The AI based healthcare allows the patients to get a thorough diagnosis done. These apps help reduce the overall cost of healthcare and increase the speed of diagnosis. With machine learning and data analysis, the apps gain a lot of insight into the patients and help them with remedies and care plans. With these apps, you can even reduce the patient’s stay time at your hospital.
Must-have app features
- Manage Patient History: The app should log all details of the patient and maintain a history. This will help in case you go for second opinions. The doctors can consult amongst each other, can know what kind of history you have had, and help you with the perfect solution.
- Managing schedules: The apps should make it easy for you to seek an appointment from the doctor. From selecting the timing to managing the appointments and getting notified about it prior to the date, should be made easy with the healthcare solutions. This should be part of the feature list that you are planning for the healthcare solution
- ePrescriptions: ePrescriptions not only help the patients know what medicines they are supposed to buy, but can also be carried around everywhere. The doctors can save a lot of their time with the eprescriptions. In fact, the prescription can be shared with the pharmacy, and you can get the medicines delivered to your home. If you are planning a healthcare app, this is an incredible feature to add
Proper planning and complete strategizing is essential to help devise the right healthcare solution. However, it all starts with the right idea and how you aim to achieve your goals through the app idea.
With Seashore Partners by your side, you don’t need to worry about anything beyond a perfect app idea. We take care of end-to-end app development solutions for your business. Connect with us via email or phone for proper implementation and successful launch to the market.